Click to verify BBB accreditation and see a BBB reportChat with Allsup

Filing a Medicare Grievance or Reporting Medicare Fraud and Abuse

Each year, billions of dollars of taxpayers' money is wasted on Medicare errors, fraud and abuse. Medicare beneficiaries also may be paying more out of their own pockets for services they did not need or may not have been provided.

Inaccuracies & Errors

You can file a grievance if you believe your Medicare charges are inaccurate and you have not been able to resolve them with the provider. You can do this through the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) in your state. Your grievance could be about payment, services or other problems related to receiving care.

For a list of QIOs, call (800) Medicare (or (800) 633-4227). You also can access the list from the American Health Quality Association's website.

If you have a Medicare Advantage or a Part D prescription drug plan, you also can file a grievance through your health insurance provider. Find additional details on steps for filing a grievance for managed care or prescription drugs at

Fraud & Abuse

If you suspect fraud, contact the Office of the Inspector General at (800) 447-8477 or click here to email.

Florida residents who believe charges for Medicare services from a physician or other provider were fraudulent should contact (866) 417-2078 or click here to email.

Additional detail on reporting fraud is available on the Medicare website.