Date of Last Revision: May 26, 2016
- Notice to California Residents.
- Notice to Utah Residents.
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a Website user’s personal information to any third party for its direct marketing purposes without you requesting such a disclosure.
- Types of Information Collected.
Through your use of the Website, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with the Service you expect in a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our Website.
- Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. Certain information may be required in order to provide the Service and while it is completely optional for you to provide information or answer questions in the Website; however, failure to provide the requested information will result in your inability to obtain the Service.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Website in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the internet.
- User Identifier. We may log all connections to our web servers. Those log files may include a unique user identifier, including, but not limited to your IP address, our embedded, or other commonly used mobile device identifier (a “User Identifier”). A User Identifier is NOT personally identifiable information, but general information about your location, connection to the internet, and your internet service provider. We use your User Identifier to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Service of the Website. Additionally, we may use your User Identifier to track your navigation of the Website to make your experience on the Website better by optimizing website performance within a given browser and increase the speed of navigation through the Website.
- Clear Gifs. We may also employ a software technology called clear gifs (also known as web beacons) that help us better manage content on the Website by informing us what content is effective and of interest to our users. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. Clear gifs and cookies are not tied to your personally identifiable information and may be used to improve your user experience when using the Website.
- Log Files. Like most standard website servers, Allsup may use log files. Information collected in log files may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, your User Identifier, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, website type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track your movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This information is not personally identifiable and may be used to improve your experience with the Website.
- Collection Methods and Use of Information
We may use your Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us in order to obtain more information from our third-party contractors which will be used by us to provide the Service. This additional Personally Identifiable Information obtained from our third-party contractors using the information you provide to us during your use of the Website is necessary to perform the Services. As such, the Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information we compile through your use of the Website and through our third-party contractors may be substantial as it may include all or most Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information that would be included in an application for federal or state assistance or benefit programs, or other products or services of Allsup or its Affiliates. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you (a) register for our Services and register your e-mail address with us; (b) utilize the Website to obtain the Services, (c) send or respond to e-mail messages, (d) use the Website’s chat feature, or (e) otherwise provide this information by any means in furtherance of obtaining the Services. In certain circumstances, we may also collect Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information through our correspondence with you via telephone or text message.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This information is ultimately stored in the form of, in some cases, specific URLs. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Website and to gather demographic information. Our third party ad servers will also provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our Website.
- Release of Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others. We obtain additional Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information about you through contractual arrangements with third-party service providers. We and our service providers may use your Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information for the purpose of providing you with the Service through our Website.
We may forward your Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information to one of our Affiliates, upon your request, to obtain further services provided by one of our Affiliates based upon the results of the Services provided on the Website.
We have entered into contractual arrangements with third-party service providers and have defined your information as confidential information that is not to be disclosed by the third-party service provider unless such disclosure is needed to provide the Service.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about our customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related Website information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
You should also be aware that when you disclose Personally Identifiable Information (i.e. your name, e-mail address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on the Website, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to forums or other public areas on the Website are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want your comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any postings or submissions. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
- Updating and Correcting Information
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. If you have registered on the Website, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by logging into your account and in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on the Website. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by writing us at:
Attn: Customer Service
300 Allsup Place
Belleville, IL 62223
Please include your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Website. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
- User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
We may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding Allsup’s products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. Only Allsup (or agents working on behalf of Allsup) will send you emails and direct mailings. If you do not wish to receive such emails, you may opt-out of future emails by following the directions at the bottom of each email. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, we provide contact information on our mailings at which you can request removal from our mailing list. Or, if you have a registered account, you can easily edit your account information to specify that you no longer wish to receive such emails and mailings.
If we have your applicable consent, we may call you in a live telephone call regarding the Services. If we have your applicable consent, we may also call you with autodialed, pre-recorded, and/or artificial voice informational calls regarding the Services on your home phone or your mobile phone. If we have your applicable consent, we may also send you informational text messages regarding the Services. Further, if we have your applicable consent, we may call you with marketing messages via live agent, autodialed, pre-recorded, or artificial voice calls on your home number or your mobile phone. You may revoke your consent to be contacted by any of the methods described above at any time by contacting Allsup or by updating your consents through your registered account.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may lose some functionality of portions of the Website which may not allow you to obtain the Service.
- Security of Information
Allsup takes commercially reasonable measures to protect and secure your Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information. The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our user is of utmost concern to us. Your Personally Identifiable Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Personally Identifiable Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected Allsup personnel and contractors have access to via password. We encrypt your Personally Identifiable Information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information after it is received by us.
Personal information that you provide that is not Personally Identifiable Information also resides on a secure server and is only accessible via password. Since this information is not accessible from outside Allsup, you will not be asked to select a password in order to view or modify such information.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data storage or transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
- Online Tracking
- Privacy Policies of Third Party Sites
- Protection of Children’s Privacy
We do not allow persons under the age of 18 to use the Website and by using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about persons under 18 years of age without their parent or guardian providing that information to us when identifying dependents and other related information for the purpose of obtaining the Services. If we find out that we have collected Personally Identifiable Information from users who are under 18 years of age not provided by their parent or guardian, we will do our best to scrub such information from our storage.
- Contact Us.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
300 Allsup Place
Belleville, IL 62223