Top 10 All Things Disability Blogs for 2018
Allsup can’t let 2018 end without highlighting this year’s blogs that received the best reception.
The All Things Disability (ATD) blog serves as an invaluable resource for those who need information on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), healthcare options, finance, health and wellness.
Check out the winners and feel free to comment or share your favorite blog from 2018.
- The Top 5 Reasons You Need to Watch This Video - Wayne Connell, founder and president of Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA), discusses partnering with Allsup to creat the “I Am Invisible No More!” video and why the project helps honor the journeys of those living with invisible disabilities.
- #BeBold4GP Highlights Gastroparesis Awareness Month – Guest blogger Melissa Adams VanHouten shares the importance of Gastroparesis Awareness Month and her personal experience with the disease commonly referred to as “paralysis of the stomach.”
- Five Reasons To Apply For SSDI – Individuals living with a long-term disability get the advantages of applying for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.
- Social Security Adds Five Conditions to Compassionate Allowances (CAL) Program – In 2018, the Social Security Administration added five new health impairments to the Compassionate Allowances (CAL) Program
- Care, Support and Resources for Adults with Congenital Heart Disease – Misty Sharpe, who is membership and volunteer coordinator for Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA), shares education around Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) and assistance provided by ACHA.
- Is SSDI Just Welfare for People Too Lazy to Work? – There are several misconceptions about Social Security Disability Insurance beneficiaries. See accurate statistics on most American former workers who’ve been awareded SSDI, reported by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Make the Most of Medicare by Knowing Your Options – Allsup Healthcare & Financial Planning Director Tricia Blazier breaks down the significance of having an Allsup Medicare Advisor specialist help individuals choose the plan that matches what they need.
- The Top 10 All Things Disability Blogs for 2017 – Yes, last year’s winners were popular, too! Revisit Allsup’s Top 10 All Things Disability blogs of 2017 for pertinent disability-related topics and Social Security Disability Insurance.
- Five Fast Facts on SSDI: Will YOU Experience Disability? – One of Allsup’s five blogs in this year’s series on Disability Insurance Awareness Month deals with the likelihood of experiencing a disability in one’s lifetime and how to prepare for this reality with the knowledge of SSDI benefits.
- Story of Traumatic Brain Injury Wins #IAmInvisibleNoMore – The Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA) and Allsup announce the winner of the #IAmInvisibleNoMore Video contest, Kellie Pokrifka, who shared her inspiring story about recovering from a traumatic brain injury.
Thanks to our readers for viewing, sharing and participating in the many voices that are a part of the disability community at All Things Disability, plus Facebook and Twitter (@Allsup). We look forward to the stories and insights that our guest bloggers and Allsup experts will share in 2019. Happy Holidays to each and every one!